Pages

Monday, March 07, 2011

Classical Holiday Film 'Student of the Year' by Karan Johar

Karan Johar is ready to talk about his upcoming movie Student Of The Year and despite rumors to the contrary, the fun flick is not a Bollywood take on the popular Disney show High School Musical."It’s about a high school and it’s a musical but that’s where the resemblance ends," the director told Hindustan Times. The film will be co-produced by My Name Is Khan star Shahrukh Khan, who will not play a teacher, KJo says.

After SRK's and Kajol's emotional movie Karan said he would take a break from directing to focus more on relaxing. But now it looks like the popular Kuch Kuch Hota Hai director is back on track as he is taking on Student Of The Year.
The movie will star three newcomers; David Dhawan's son, Varun Dhawan, is one of the key actors. Mahesh Bhatt's daughter Alia Bhatt also snagged a part in the film, as did Siddharth Malhotra.

Student of the Year is no remake, but that doesn't mean that it won't be fun! "I wanted to revisit my roots, make one last ‘young’ film before I turned 40. The intensity of My Name Is Khan took its toll. I needed to lighten up and this is my ‘holiday’ movie," Karan told Hindustan Times. Are you looking forward to this fun flick or do you think KJo should stick to more serious topics?

No comments:

Post a Comment